Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIP DYE HAIR COLOUR

LET THERE BE COLOUR!

I thought seeings as though I have had so many people ask about my Dip dye hair & how to do it, why not post some pics and give you guys some tips to help you out if you want to give it a go.

My hair colour was mousey brown regrowth with bleached ends so this helped the colour stick and stand out.
I always use Fudge Paint box colours, Its pretty reasonable price wise usually about $15 AUD.

Lets get started!
  • Make sure your hair is damp when applying and remember THIS STUFF STAINS EVERYTHING! I usually put on an old bikini top and wrap a daggy towel around me so the colour wont stain my skin.
  • Use gloves. Please don't do what my boyfriend did and refuse the gloves then spend a week with dark purple hands... Only Barney & Grimace are socially acceptable purple creatures.
  • Simply lather the ends that you want coloured. Easy peasy.
  • I usually leave it on for 30 minutes then wash it out. Now colour will continuously come out... DON'T PANIC! Keep rinsing until the water run as clear as possible then your done! 
  • TIPS!
  • I found purple stained the most out of all colours.
  • If you need the colour to fade fast us head & shoulders it works so well!

Used "Blueberry Hill" Colour, faded nicely, this colour really sticks!






I used pink, blue & Purple here. 




                This is "Cherry Bomb" I love the colour it faded to!



4 comments:

  1. Love the dip dye. It looks awesome. Great colour choice.

    Christie

    Dark Blue Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair looks divine! I really want to try dip dying my hair but I'm not so sure if it'll work out because I have black hair!
    xx
    INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

    ReplyDelete